Terms & Conditions
Last updated: May 20, 2014
Our apologies for all the legal stuff but we have to protect our copyrighted material – and most importantly, keep our web site safe and fun for the children, parents, teachers and other interested people visiting this site.
Restrictions on Materials
- All materials on this site are the copyrighted property of RSPCA Qld Inc. (referred to as “RSPCA Qld Inc”,”we,” “us,” or “our” herein). The materials posted on this site by RSPCA Qld Inc may be retrieved solely for your own educational, non-commercial use. They may be downloaded to a single computer or sent to a printer solely for that purpose, provided that you do not remove any copyright or other legal notices from that material. For the purposes of these terms, the use of any such material on any other Web site without our prior consent is prohibited.
- You may not otherwise license or sell the contents of this site without the express permission of RSPCA Qld Inc.
- You retain copyright in the material you send us. The act of sending it to us automatically grants us a perpetual, royalty free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide licence to display it on this web site and worldwide rights including moral rights to display it in any advertising related to the site that we may undertake plus the rights to distribute, sublicense , reproduce or publicly perform or display it for any purpose RSPCA Qld Inc chooses, whether commercial or otherwise, without any compensation to you.
- By posting or submitting material to us you represent that you have the authority to do so and that such material will not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. You shall not submit to this site any materials which defame, invade privacy, or are obscene or pornographic; violate any law or regulation; advocate illegal activity; or advertise or otherwise solicit funds or are a solicitation for goods or services. You agree to indemnify RSPCA Qld Inc and its officers, directors, employees, and suppliers from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your submission of any materials in violation of the foregoing restrictions.
- We reserve the right to review, edit or delete any material submitted to us. Notwithstanding the above, RSPCA Qld Inc expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this web site or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from the use thereof.
- For all RSPCA member societies. The act of contributing learning resources to the WOAW website is considered legal acceptance of the terms and conditions of the “WOAW Interstate Memorandum of Understanding”.
Termination of Agreement
This Agreement is effective until terminated by RSPCA Qld Inc for any reason, with or without notice. You agree to discontinue your use and access of the site and immediately destroy all materials obtained from it upon any termination of this Agreement.
Spam or unsolicited electronic communications
We publish electronic addresses on our site for the purpose of facilitating communication only. The publication of addresses is not to be inferred as consent to receive any unsolicited electronic communication.
This site is controlled by RSPCA Qld Inc in Australia and is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Queensland, Australia regardless of the place or places of its physical execution and performance and without regard to conflicts of law provisions. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland. RSPCA Qld Inc makes no representation that the materials contained in the site are appropriate or authorized to use in all countries, states, provinces or any other jurisdictions. Those who choose to access this site, do so at their own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of the agreement which will continue in full force and effect. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to RSPCA Qld Inc.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 1st March 2008
Copyright in the WOAW website (“the website”), including text, images, software, logos, icons, and code, is owned by or licensed to RSPCA Qld Inc. Material procured from a third party may be the subject of copyright owned by that third party.
Subject to the next paragraph, when you post any material to the website, you agree that you grant RSPCA Qld Inc a royalty-free and irrevocable licence to do any act comprised in the copyright in the material you post, including to:
- reproduce it;
- publish it;
- perform it in public; or
- communicate it to the public by transmitting it electronically or making it available for access online; and
- authorise other users of the website to copy, download, print, transmit electronically or make the material available online for the purposes of non-commercial, personal research or study.
Where you do not own the copyright in the material, you must ensure that the owner of those rights or persons authorised to sublicense those rights, grants the above rights to the RSPCA Qld Inc.
You may copy, download, print or reproduce material on the website for non-commercial, personal research or educational purposes, on the condition that you:
- do not modify it;
- do not make or sell copies of it for commercial gain;
- do not include it as part of any product or service that you create or distribute;
- do not copy it onto your or anyone else’s website; and
- do not infringe the moral rights of the creator of any material you post to WOAW, by ensuring that:
- where it is reasonable to do so, you identify and correctly attribute the material to the person who created it;
- the material is not falsely attributed to a person other than the person who created it without first obtaining the author’s written consent; and
- the material is not distorted, mutilated, materially altered or otherwise dealt with such that the creator’s honour or reputation would be prejudiced without first obtaining the author’s written consent;
- ensure that reproductions of material continue to bear any notices attached to or contained in the material; and
- include the following statement with material taken from the website “Copyright in this work is owned by or licensed to the State of Queensland (acting through the RSPCA Qld Inc) and is reproduced with its permission”.
For any other uses of the material on the website other than those permitted above, you must obtain the express permission of the RSPCA Qld Inc.
Written requests for permission should be addressed to the:
RSPCA Qld Humane Education Department
C/- RPSCA Qld Inc
RSPCA Animal Care Campus, 139 Wacol Station Rd, Wacol
Changes to Copyright statement
We may vary this copyright statement from time to time. We will notify you of these changes by publishing them on the WOAW website – we will not separately notify you of these changes.