Queensland Emergency Contact Details
Last updated: May 20, 2014
Animal Cruelty Emergencies
- The RSPCA Inspectorate deals with situations regarding animal cruelty. The RSPCA Animal Ambulance rescues sick or injured stray animals.
- If you need to contact the RSPCA to report an act of cruelty or neglect, or you have concerns for the welfare of an animal, please call:
- RSPCA Inspectorate – 07 3426 9971 or 1300 852 188
- DPI call centre – 3239 3111
- or your local police station.
The RSPCA’s 24 hour call centre can also be contacted on 07 3426 9999.
For emergencies involving sick or injured stray animals in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast, please contact the RSPCA Animal Ambulance on 07 3426 9971 or 1300 852 188 or 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625).
Animal cruelty complaints may be reported by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; however, please bear in mind that if the complaint is lodged outside normal business hours, it may not be responded to until the next business day. Do not use e-mail if the situation is an emergency. Please phone 1300 852 188
Animal Ambulance hours of operation
Brisbane: 7am – 10pm (Monday to Sunday) Gold Coast: 8am – 4.30pm (Monday to Friday) (Times may vary on public holidays).
For emergencies involving wildlife, please contact your closest Queensland Parks and Wildlife Office, or call: 3202 0200 or: The RSPCA Animal Ambulance 07 3426 9971 or 1300 852 188 or 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625)